If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We happen to be a bar loving family, and this recipe takes your classic childhood favorite duo and gives it a little nudge into adulthood. Making your own simple fresh grape jelly amplifies the sweet tangy jammy flavor, and adding the oats makes it feel like breakfast. And, well, then there's the peanut butter. A perfect trifecta! —Rebecca and Ruth
Makes about 1 dozen bars
- 3 cups grapes, any kind
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all the grapes, sugar. Vanilla and ¼ water into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir grapes until they start to break down and release their juices. About 5-8 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch into 1 tablespoon of water and pour into grapes.
- Turn heat up slightly and let grapes bubble and thicken for about 2 minutes. Turn off and cool.
Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Crumb
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 square baking dish and set aside
- Place the oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and sugars in mixer with a paddle attachment. Add peanut butter, then butter and mix until evenly combined.
- Take 2/3 of your crumble and press into your prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until slightly brown.
- Spread grape jelly on top and cover with remaining crumble, letting some grape jelly poke through.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes until brown and bubbling.
- Let cool entirely before slicing.