If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy and versitile bowl that can be used with any grain and veggie combo for a hearty, long-lasting breakfast. —Gather with Grana
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed arugula
- 1/4 cup sautéed carrots
- 1 soft boiled egg (6 min boil)
- 1 handful grated Grana Padano cheese (use a vegetable peeler for thin shavings)
- In small to medium saucepan, combine the water and milk and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Stir in oats and reduce heat to medium low, simmering gently for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is very thick.
- Meanwhile, gently toss arugula, olive oil, balsamic and rosemary; sauté carrots until golden brown; boil egg for 6 mins and add to ice bath. Set arugula, carrots and egg aside.
- When oats are thick, stir in salt and butter/coconut oil. Continue to simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally until almost all of the liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is creamy and smooth.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir in arugula and carrots.
- Remove egg from shell and cut in half. Add to bowl.
- Top with salt, pepper and Grana Padano.