If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A tasty and filling winter salad, nutrient packed from all the richly coloured vegebtables. This could be served as a side dish or add lentils or beans for some extra protein, or just alone would be a delicious and easy meal in itself —Kali
Serves 4 as a side
- 2 medium beetroot
- 1 small squash, peeled & cut into cm cubes
- 200 grams kale, washed and chopped ( de stalk too if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 grams walnuts
- 30 grams basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 150 milliliters olive oil
- juice 1 lemon
- Pre heat the oven, 200 degrees celsius. Roast your walnuts in the oven while it's heating, for 10 minutes until golden inside, roughly chop and set aside.
- Steam the beetroot until just tender, about 20-30 minutes depending on their size. Once cool enough to handle, peel and cut into small cubes cubes.
- Once the oven is hot, roast your squash on a lined baking tray with the coconut oil for about 30 minutes until golden..
- While your vegetables are cooking make your dressing. Blitz, the garlic, 30g of the walnuts, olive oil and lemon in a food processor or food blender until ingredients are finely chopped but with a little texture.
- Chop the washed kale and massage with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Once the vegetables are ready mix them through the kale, add the walnuts to your salad along with 150ml of the dressing, season the salad with salt and pepper.