If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich and satisfying chocolate donuts with a kick of espresso. Made vegan and gluten-free with simple whole-food ingredients. —Hungry Haley
For the Salted Caramel Mocha frosting
- 8-10 Medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Drain the soaked dates and toss into a blender with remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the donuts
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 1 3-oz. dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a donut pan with oil (unless using a silicone baking mold, which I highly recommend buying!).
- Toss the dry ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, except the dates. Pour the wet mixture into the blender and blend until just combined.
- Add the dates and blend again until smooth - you don't want any date chunks. Stir in the chopped chocolate bar.
- Scoop the batter into the donut mold and evenly distribute amongst 6-8 individual molds. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely, then top with Salted Caramel Mocha frosting and sea salt.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch