If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These whole wheat carrot muffins are a healthier breakfast option without sacrificing any flavor. Make them ahead and share with friends for a tasty treat!
http://thewoodandspoon.com/whole-wheat-carrot-muffins/ —Kate Wood
For the muffins:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup full-fat greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup golden raisins
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temp
- Move a rack to the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with 12 liners. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, oil, brown sugar, and yogurt. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold just until almost combined. Add in the carrots and raisins and stir just until combined. Do not overmix. Divide the batter up between the muffin tins, filling until about 3/4 of the way full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, all-purpose flour, and cinnamon for the topping. Use the back of a fork to cut in the butter until pea-sized clumps form. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the muffins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted comes out barely clean. Be careful to not overbake!