If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve been toying with the idea of DIY instant noodles for a while and I think you’ll be happy with this recipe – it’s simple, it’s tasty and it’s much healthier than two-minute noodles. You can even put the ingredients in a mason jar to take to work. Just add boiling water and garnish when you are ready to eat. —Alannah | Kale Mary
For the soup base
- 1 tablespoon chickpea miso powder (or a soy-based miso)
- 1 tablespoon vege stock powder
- 1/2 teaspoon wakame flakes
For the fillings
- 100 grams dried mung bean vermicelli noodles
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cup white cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup tuscan kale, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2-4 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- Spring onion, to serve
- Thai basil, to serve
- Lime juice, to serve
- Place the soup base ingredients in the bottom of a bowl or glass container. Add noodles and vegetables.
- Pour boiling water into the bowl or container until all ingredients are covered. Let sit for 5 minutes, with a saucer or lid on top.
- Garnish with spring onion and Thai basil, and drizzle with fresh lime juice.