If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This palak paneer is probably quite different to what you’ve seen and eaten. My take on the Indian classic is light, fresh and vibrant – the perfect food to enjoy on a hot summer’s day. The umami and saltiness of the marinade meets the sweetness of the red onion and cherry tomatoes. —Alannah | Kale Mary
grams organic, non-GMO tofu, sliced into rectangles
4 + 2-3
tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes, divided
tablespoon garlic powder
cup filtered water
red onion, halved and sliced
grams baby spinach
tablespoons coconut milk
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the tofu in a shallow bowl and add 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and water. Mix until combined well and tofu is coated.
- Place the tofu on a greased oven tray. Add the red onion and cherry tomatoes, and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove tray from the oven and add baby spinach to the pan. Don’t mix it through yet as it will wilt down in the oven.
- After 10 more minutes of cooking time, remove tray and mix everything around. Gently push your spoon on the tomatoes – they should be soft enough that their juices ooze out.
- Drizzle the coconut oil onto the pan and the ingredients, then sprinkle additional 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes and return the pan to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve atop some fresh spinach on a bed of steamed basmati rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe