If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Alannah | Kale Mary
Makes 7-8 slices
- 200 grams brown mushrooms, blitzed in a food processor
- 1 brown onion, blitzed in a food processor
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup curly parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brazil nuts, blitzed in a food processor
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, blitzed in a food processor
- 3 chia eggs (3 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 9 tbsp water and left to sit 10 mins)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup GF breadcrumbs or rice crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet. Add mushroom pieces and cook 5-8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet with a touch more olive oil if needed. Cook until onion starts to caramelise then set aside with the mushrooms.
- Place all ingredients including cooked onion and mushrooms into a large bowl and mix until combined well.
- Spoon mixture into a loaf tin and place in the oven for around 40 minutes or until top is browned.
- Let sit 5-10 mins before taking a spatula around the edges and flipping onto a serving plate.