If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hummus is a perfect and quick appetizer to put together, not to mention a crowd pleaser at any party. I used to buy hummus all the time until one day I decided to make it and I never went back to store bought. This is a savory pumpkin hummus that is great on toasted Naan bread. It has a balanced pumpkin flavor and a smooth creamy texture. Very Festive! —Henrie Marie
- 15.5 ounces white beans (one can, drained)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 pieces Naan bread toasted and sliced
- Toast Naan bread and cut into triangles- set aside
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process for about a minute. Scrape sides, if necessary and process for another few seconds until smooth and creamy. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds for added crunch and pumpkin flavor, chopped spinach and paprika for color.
- Topping Garnish (optional) Toasted and salted pumpkin seeds Handful chopped fresh spinach leaves Ground paprika