If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy dish that can be used as a quick, comforting, and healthy weekday dinner! —senojulia
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup water, milk, or plant-based milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Combine oats, carrots, peas, and liquid of choice (water, milk, or plant milk) in a small pot and heat on the stove until all vegetables are tender and the oats are creamy
- Separately cook the chicken (or soy-based chicken) however desired. This could be in the microwave or oven
- Combine oat-veggie mixture and chicken in the small pot and keep warm over a low heat to allow the flavors to meld
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste