If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Marinara Goat Cheese Dip is the ultimate comfort food dip, served steamy with garlicky bread, easy homemade marinara and capers. —Alana
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced, 1 tbsp in sauce and 1 for topping
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 dashes oregano
- 3 dashes salt and pepper
- 1 14 oz package goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 large baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make marinara. Add butter to 9" cast iron skillet (or large skillet) on medium heat, add red onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until tender (about another 1-2 minutes). Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper, stir.
- Add crushed tomatoes and sugar. Stir and turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- While sauce is cooking, add olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and oregano to small prep bowl. Place Italian baguette pieces on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Using a brush, dip in olive oil mixture and brush on both sides.
- Using the same skillet, or an oven safe dish, randomly place 1/4" slices of goat cheese on top of sauce. Use 3/4 of goat cheese. Put dip and bread in oven for 10 minutes. Remove bread. Cook dip for another 5 minutes.
- Top dip with capers and basil. Serve immediately.