If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You don't need to give up comfort or flavor to eat a little bit more on the healthy side. This Sweet Potato Taco Soup has it all! It is packed full of flavors, veggies and all the goodies that a taco could hold. Top it off with a dollop of sour cream and some tortilla chips and you are all set to go. —kjandcompany
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10 ounces can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 7 ounces can diced green chilies
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- 15 ounces can black beans, drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the bottom of a stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the diced onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the ground beef and saute until browned, about another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes with green chilies, diced tomatoes, green chilies and chicken stock and black beans. Stir to combine. Add in the cubed sweet potato, chili powder and chopped garlic and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer on a low boil for 25-30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onions and tortilla chips.