If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A green rice flavored with ground ingredients that can be great, all in itself or with a side of tandoori chicken. —Tisa Thomas
- 3-4 tablespoons hopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs mint, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Basmati rice - rinsed 2-3 times
- 3 3/4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons salt or enough for flavor
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- In a food processor or blender, pulse garlic, ginger, lemon juice, cilantro and mint till blended with the consistency of thick paste, not too drippy. In a deep set saucepan or dutch oven(large enough to cook rice), heat oil over medium heat. If using, add bay leaf.
- If needed, reduce flame to medium-low and stir in blended green paste. Saute until ingredients are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn. Mix in cleaned, drained rice. Stir in with the ingredients until well coated.
- Take heat to high. Add hot water and salt. Stir. Bring rice to boil. Reduce flame to medium- low and keep rice covered. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Open lid and add the peas. Turn off heat. Cover tightly and allow the frozen peas too thaw and plump and rice to cook through (all water absorbed) with the remaining heat of the pan, about 10-12 minutes.
- Fluff with fork before serving.