If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have to admit I was surprised how much I liked this soup, I love beets and ginger, and beet and ginger juice but I didn’t imagine I would like it so much as a soup, but I loved it! It works really nicely with the black beans so I recommend including those and a sprinkle of fresh herbs and toasted seeds. Serve with greens or fresh bread. —Kali
Serves 4 as a starter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- 1.5 inch ginger, peeled & sliced
- 550 grams beetroot, cleaned & trimmed
- 550 milliliters filtered water
- 200 milliliters coconut milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 300 grams black beans, cooked & drained
- small handful fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons toasted mixed seeds
- Sweat your onions in a large pan for a few minutes until soft, add the garlic and ginger. Grate or finely chop your beetroot , add to the pan and cover with your stock or water. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the beetroot is tender. Blend with the coconut milk until smooth add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a spoonful of cooked black beans, a sprinkle of fresh herbs and toasted seeds.