If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a beautiful, fragrant sheet pan dish that is very easy, delicious, and will fool everyone into thinking you made something real fancy-like.
- 2 tablespoons Sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons Ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves
Pork Chops and Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into large pieces
- 2 Fennel bulbs, fronds removed and sliced
- 1 Small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons Sumac
- 4 Bone-in pork chops
- Fine kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large, rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small skillet, combine all of the spice mix ingredients and place over medium heat. Toast, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes or until the spices become very fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, red bell peppers, fennel, onion, and sumac with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Spread in a single layer onto the prepared sheet pan. Make a well amongst the vegetables for the pork chops and place them amongst vegetables. Sprinkle with another pinch or two of salt, then sprinkle generously with the spice mix. Drizzle the chops with remaining olive oil.
- Cover the pan loosely with foil and place in the oven. Roast for 20 minutes until the potatoes are slightly tender (but not mushy) and the pork chops are shiny. Remove the foil, lightly toss the vegetables, and return to the oven. Roast uncovered for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle everything on the pan with chopped cilantro leaves to taste and serve with lemon wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe