If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty vegetarian winter soup that comes together in seemingly no time. —Melissa Roels
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinches red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces can cannellini beans
- up to 1 teaspoons salt
- 15 ounces can cherry tomatoes (Mutti brand)
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bunch kale torn into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Saute carrots, celery, and onion in tbslp olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add garlic and saute for another minute. If mixture becomes dry add tblsp of vegetable stock.
- Add dried herb, salt, vegetable stock and canned tomatoes with canning liquid. Bring to boil over high heat. Let boil for 1 min. Reduce heat to medium low, add kale and red wine vinegar. Simmer for 10-12 minutes*.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and if desired grated Parmesan.
- *create deeper flavor by simmering for 20-30 minutes. Add kale in last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- For an Italian flavor swap herbs for oregano and fresh basil, serve over orecchiette pasta.