If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baba ghanoush meets Tabbouleh in this easy stuffed eggplant recipe. A flavorful vegetarian entree bursting with Mediterranean flavors. —Kelly Owens
- 2 Baby Eggplants
- 3/4 cup Bulgur Wheat
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, divided
- Rinse each eggplant and cut in half lengthwise.
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with oil.
- Add Bulgar, cumin, and pressed garlic into the slow cooker, then cover with vegetable broth.
- Nestle the eggplant halves open face down into the liquid. They may overlap slightly depending on the size of the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours until eggplant is tender. Remove eggplant from the slow cooker and fluff the bulgur wheat.
- In a small glass bowl, mix hummus, 1/2 of lemon (juiced), and olive oil, stirring to combine.
- Mix hummus mixture, chopped olives, tomatoes and parsley into the bulgur wheat, stirring to combine.
- With a fork or knife, gently spread apart the inside of the eggplant to make room for the bulgur mixture.
- Fill each eggplant with 1/4 of the mixture, top with feta and an extra squeeze of lemon before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe