Author Notes: Garlic Butter Penne with Shrimp- made with simple ingredients like butter, garlic, mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes.. So simple, so flavorful! This easy pasta recipe is our favorite weeknight dinner. I love to serve this with home-made salad or some roasted vegetables. —Amy
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
For the shrimps
teaspoon black pepper
teaspoon garlic powder
for the pan
For the sauce
cup sundried tomato in oil
cloves garlic (minced)
cup chicken broth
ounces penne or any other type of pasta
ounces baby bella mushroom
- For the shrimps: Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Toss in shrimps and sprinkles with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Remove shrimps and set aside.
- Pulse sun-dried tomato in a food processor a few times until smooth.
- For the garlic butter sauce: In the same pan, add a few teaspoon of olive oil, add in butter and garlic and fry until garlic is fragrant.
- Toss in the mushrooms and cook for about 30 seconds. Add in sun-dried tomatoes, broth and simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and add back the cooked shrimps to combine.
- To serve: Mix garlic butter sauce on top of pasta. Serve on top of Parmesan and maybe a glass of wine if you're feeling fancy! Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pantry Pasta