If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple, quick, delicious and easy to adapt to individual taste. —Rosalie
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 pound Ground Chicken or chicken sausage
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 Poblano pepper
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes with chilies
- 2 1# cans reduced sodium black beans
- 1.5 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro
- Saute the chicken or sausage in a saute pan. You can use a little oil if necessary or a non-stick pan without added fat. Break up the meat as it cooks.
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic and add to the chicken. Continue to saute for 5 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Dice the red, yellow and Poblano peppers to about 1/2" dice and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, slightly drained black beans, oregano and chicken stock to the meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The Chili should look slightly thickened and will have darkened in color.
- Add the peppers and continue cooking for about 5 minutes for peppers with some crunch left or longer if softer peppers are preferred.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley or cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe