If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This perfect dessert for two is easy to make and beyond decadent to eat. Layers of fudgy brownie sandwiched with whipped cream, and topped with a drizzle of raspberry jam.
Featured In: Giant Chocolate Bar, Tiny Cream Pie, And 2 Other (Easy!) Desserts for 2 —Erin McDowell
- 1 recipe of your favorite brownies, baked in a 9x9 pan (here’s mine: https://food52.com/recipes/33010-basic-fudgy-brownies)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- Unmold the brownies from the pan and use a round cookie cutter (or the bottom of a glass) to cut four rounds. Store the scraps in an airtight container to snack on or crumble into brownie crumbs for use as garnish or on ice cream!
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the cream and sugar to medium peaks. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Transfer the whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip. Place one brownie layer on a small plate. Pipe about 1/4 of the whipped cream on top of the brownie layer, and top with another piece of brownie. Top with another 1/4 of the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining brownie and cream.
- In a small pot, warm the raspberry jam over low heat to loosen it. Drizzle the warm jam over the cakes. If desired, top with a few crumbles of the brownie scraps.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!