Author Notes: This perfect dessert for two is easy to make and beyond decadent to eat. Layers of fudgy brownie sandwiched with whipped cream, and topped with a drizzle of raspberry jam.
Featured In: Giant Chocolate Bar, Tiny Cream Pie, And 2 Other (Easy!) Desserts for 2 —Erin McDowell
1 recipe of your favorite brownies, baked in a 9x9 pan (here’s mine: https://food52.com/recipes...)
cup heavy cream
cup powdered sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- Unmold the brownies from the pan and use a round cookie cutter (or the bottom of a glass) to cut four rounds. Store the scraps in an airtight container to snack on or crumble into brownie crumbs for use as garnish or on ice cream!
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the cream and sugar to medium peaks. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Transfer the whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip. Place one brownie layer on a small plate. Pipe about 1/4 of the whipped cream on top of the brownie layer, and top with another piece of brownie. Top with another 1/4 of the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining brownie and cream.
- In a small pot, warm the raspberry jam over low heat to loosen it. Drizzle the warm jam over the cakes. If desired, top with a few crumbles of the brownie scraps.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!