If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, fresh, and delicious sauce. This sauce is made quickly with just a few ingredients including sliced plum tomatoes, onion, and garlic. —Dash of Amy
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh Parmesan & Basil for garnish
- 16 ounces package Fusilli pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- Heat large stock pot over medium heat, and add olive oil and onion.
- Cook onion for a few minutes, then add garlic.
- Cook the garlic for only a minute so it doesn't burn, then add tomatoes, mix well.
- Add sherry, broth, and spices; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to maintain a light boil, cook about 15 minutes until tomatoes have cooked down and skins are broken.
- Carefully transfer sauce to a blender and blend until completely pureed.
- Pour over cooked pasta. Garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil if desired.