If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious oven-roasted pumpkin, with cauliflower and broccoli rice, fillet steak and a homemade sun-dried tomato pesto sauce… all combined to make a healthy salad bowl and all Paleo and gluten-free, of course!
handful fresh thyme
cup pine nuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Remove the skin from the pumpkin before cutting the flesh into small cubes, coating in the salt, pepper, garlic cloves, fresh thyme and 1 tbsp. of the olive oil, spreading over a baking tray and placing in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
- Once the pumpkin has roasted, remove from the oven and set aside.
- In the mean time, grate/blend the cauliflower and broccoli florets seperately and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add a tbsp. of olive oil and when hot, add the steak, sprinkling on the salt and pepper. Fry for a few minutes before turning over, sprinkling on a little more salt and pepper and frying until cooked as desired.
- Remove the steak and set aside.
- For the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Dry pan roast the pine nuts for a few minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste and continue blending until you have your desired consistency and taste.
- Remove the pesto and place in a dish.
- Serve as an accompaniment to the already delicious salad bowl.