Author Notes: Delicious oven-roasted pumpkin, with cauliflower and broccoli rice, fillet steak and a homemade sun-dried tomato pesto sauce… all combined to make a healthy salad bowl and all Paleo and gluten-free, of course!
handful fresh thyme
cup pine nuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Remove the skin from the pumpkin before cutting the flesh into small cubes, coating in the salt, pepper, garlic cloves, fresh thyme and 1 tbsp. of the olive oil, spreading over a baking tray and placing in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
- Once the pumpkin has roasted, remove from the oven and set aside.
- In the mean time, grate/blend the cauliflower and broccoli florets seperately and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add a tbsp. of olive oil and when hot, add the steak, sprinkling on the salt and pepper. Fry for a few minutes before turning over, sprinkling on a little more salt and pepper and frying until cooked as desired.
- Remove the steak and set aside.
- For the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Dry pan roast the pine nuts for a few minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste and continue blending until you have your desired consistency and taste.
- Remove the pesto and place in a dish.
- Serve as an accompaniment to the already delicious salad bowl.