If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect for cold days, whether or not you care about low carb. See more at funnyloveblog.com. —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 15 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos (or Worcestershire or coconut aminos)
- 2 cups beef stock
- salt, to taste
- Preheat a large pot with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the beef, and cook for about 7 minutes, breaking it up with a spoon as you go.
- When the beef is browned and cooked through, add the vegetables to the pot. Stir for about 5 minutes to soften the veggies, then add the chili powder, smoked paprika, and tomato paste. Stir the seasonings into the veggie mixture.
- Add the diced tomatoes, liquid aminos, and beef stock to the pot. Stir to combine and let the chili come to a simmer. Taste the chili and add several pinches of salt to your preference.
- Cover the chili, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender. If the chili seems dry or too thick, add more stock until you reach a consistency you like. Taste for salt once more, and serve immediately or turn the heat off and reheat before eating. Enjoy!