If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Khoya matar makhana is one of the most popular, savoury North Indian curries. In this curry, the presence of khoya with Makhana and peas makes it a delicious main course. —spicyvegrecipes
- 2 tablespoons tablespoon Ghee for frying
- finely chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons ghee or oil
- 4 clove
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 1" cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 green cardamon
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania)
- 100 grams khoya grated
- 2 cups puffed lotus seeds
- 1 cup green peas
- 1.5 teaspoons ginger chopped
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- Heat the ghee in a pan, over medium heat, and add the puffed lotus seeds into the ghee, and fry for a 7-8 minute, until they turn light golden brown in colour, whiles stirring continuously. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan, and add cumin seeds to the hot oil, when it starts to splutter, then add the onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli and saute for 2- 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once cool down, blend it in a mixer, till it turns into a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- On a medium flame, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, and add cinnamon stick, cardamom, clove, Bay leaf, and saute for a minute.
- Now add prepared onion paste into it, mix thoroughly and cook till it drys out, just keep stirring in between.
- Now add fresh tomatoes puree, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Chilli Powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame, till mixture drys out(starts leaving oil).
- Cook the mixture until it dries out and leaves the oil.
- Reduce flame, and add green peas.
- Mix them well.
- Add grated khoya and mix well, until khoya gets melted with spices well.
- Add water (1-2 cups) or as per required thickness, and cook on medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Now add garam masala and Kasuri methi and mix them well,
- Finally, add makhana and cook for 2-3 minutes over low flame.
- Khoya matar makhana is ready to serve.