If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few teeny shortcuts yield delicious curry in 20 minutes or so, but feels fancy enough for a weekend. Get to it!
More pictures and details at funnyloveblog.com —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- lime wedges and cilantro leaves for serving
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat with the olive oil, tomato paste, curry powder, and chili garlic paste. Stir to combine for 2 minutes.
- When the spice mixture is fragrant, add the coconut milk and fish sauce and stir to combine. Let the curry simmer and bubble for 5-10 minutes until it has thickened and reduced by half.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer and let cook for 90 seconds. Add the cream to the skillet and stir just to combine, then turn the heat off. This should give the shrimp 2-3 minutes of cooking time, which is all they need.
- Taste the curry and add more salt or fish sauce to your preference. Serve as desired with lime wedges and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Serving Ideas: Over rice or noodles With bread or naan for dunking Over shredded cabbage for a low-carb option On small plates for an appetizer On toasted baguette as crostini