If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Alannah | Kale Mary
- 2 tablespoons chickpea miso (I love meru miso)
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 baby eggplant, halved lengthways and scored
- 3 teaspoons filtered water
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Add miso, mirin, coconut sugar, water and sesame oil to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Consistency should be more like a paste than runny.
- Lay eggplant slices skin side down on a baking tray. Spoon paste over the flesh of the eggplant, reserving around 1/4 of the contents.
- Place in oven for around 12 mins, before reglazing with the remaining glaze. Return to oven for a further 12 mins.
- While eggplant is cooking, add rice wine vinegar, coconut sugar, water and salt into a small bowl and whisk until combined. Add cucumber and onion and ensure coated well. Let stand until serving.
- Spoon rice into bowls and lay a couple of eggplant slices flesh side up on top. Then, pour over cucumber and red onion ‘pickle’ and sprinkle with sesame seeds.