If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
yellow plantains (plus one thinly sliced and pan fried for topping)
small (about 900 g – 2 pounds) butternut squash
small onion diced
chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- For plantains;
- Cut the tops and bottoms off each plantain. Cut a slit into a peel on one side of the plantain.
- For butternut squash;
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds, place cut side up-side-down and poke holes with the tip of the knife.
- Roast plantains and squash for approximately 45 minutes. Plantains skins should be completely blackened. Let cool to room temperature. Peel and chop.
- In a large saucepan heat 2 tbsp oil and sauté onion until becoming translucent; add plantains, squash, chipotle pepper, stock and salt.
- Bring to boil and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Puree soup using the blender or immerse blender.
- In a large frying pan; fry sliced plantains on 2 tbsp oil for 2-3 minutes on each side, season with salt.
- To serve pour soup into a bowl and top with 2-3 fried sliced plantains.
- In my case, I don’t want to name the names, but somebody did eat fried plantains.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains