If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy and delicious recipe with no preservatives, colors or artificial flavors. Instant Pot-friendly recipe!
After trying this recipe, I swear you will never buy those store-bought jams/ preserves which contain pectin and other preservatives.
cups Fresh cut, hulled strawberries
cups Fine cane sugar
cup Lemon Juice
- Wash and clean the strawberries thoroughly.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar and strawberries and let it sit for about 10 mins.
- Into a heavy bottom, stainless steel saucepan/ IP on sauté mode, transfer the strawberry mixture along with the lemon juice.
- Cook on low heat(sauté mode in IP) for about 20 mins until the berries release juices and sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to slow boil. Stir in between.
- Mix well with a spatula and mash the berries lightly leaving tiny chunks in the mixture.
- Once the mixture is thick and coats the back of a wooden spoon, turn off the heat(press cancel button on IP)
- Make sure you have prep the canning jars/glass jars for storing the preserve.Glass jars should be hot(wash with hot water) and sterilized and dry.
- Transfer the preserve into the jars and make sure its airtight.
- Store in cool dry place or refrigerate and use. This strawberry preserve will stay fresh for about 1-2 months.
- This preserve pairs so well with creamy peanut butter and some banana slices to make awesome sandwiches.