Author Notes: Easy and delicious recipe with no preservatives, colors or artificial flavors. Instant Pot-friendly recipe!
After trying this recipe, I swear you will never buy those store-bought jams/ preserves which contain pectin and other preservatives.
cups Fresh cut, hulled strawberries
cups Fine cane sugar
cup Lemon Juice
- Wash and clean the strawberries thoroughly.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar and strawberries and let it sit for about 10 mins.
- Into a heavy bottom, stainless steel saucepan/ IP on sauté mode, transfer the strawberry mixture along with the lemon juice.
- Cook on low heat(sauté mode in IP) for about 20 mins until the berries release juices and sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to slow boil. Stir in between.
- Mix well with a spatula and mash the berries lightly leaving tiny chunks in the mixture.
- Once the mixture is thick and coats the back of a wooden spoon, turn off the heat(press cancel button on IP)
- Make sure you have prep the canning jars/glass jars for storing the preserve.Glass jars should be hot(wash with hot water) and sterilized and dry.
- Transfer the preserve into the jars and make sure its airtight.
- Store in cool dry place or refrigerate and use. This strawberry preserve will stay fresh for about 1-2 months.
- This preserve pairs so well with creamy peanut butter and some banana slices to make awesome sandwiches.