If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crispy and delicious rice patties made with jasmine rice, onions, garlic, and seasonings, then breaded, fried, and served with a tasty sour cream sauce. —Dash of Amy
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup jasmine rice (or brown rice)
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1-2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil (1 tbsp to cook onions, the rest for cooking patties)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat, and add olive oil and onions.
- Cook a minute, then add the garlic; cook another minute.
- Add the rice and mix well. Add the sherry and cook another minute.
- Add the water, salt, and bouillon cube, and bring to a boil while breaking up the cube.
- Once it boils, reduce to maintain a light boil, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Finely chop the walnuts in a food processor, and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the basil and pepper; mix well.
- Add the rice mixture and mix well. Allow it to cool for about 15 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- teaspoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Weber roasted garlic & herb
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and mix well. Refrigerate until the patties are cooked.