If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We often find our selves struggling through the days, finding ingredients to make ourselves a flavorful salad and mostly feel agitated by the end of the process since there is always something or the other that would be missing in our kitchen pantries. This particular salad has been created with minimal ingredients keeping in mind common home ingredients with enough significance given over the taste profiles of the same (And you could make it look beautiful too!) What else could one ask for?! —The Food Frame by Uday Malhotra
grams Dragon Fruit
pieces English Cucumber
milliliters Good Quality Olive Oil
- First & foremost, take the peanuts and roast them in a pan over medium heat until light brown. Keep them aside to cool down.
- Take the dragon fruit and peel the skin off. Once done, cut perfect squares from it ( Or any other desired shape as per your style).
- Now, take a flat aluminium tray and apply some olive oil to it. Take the cucumbers & with the help of a mandoline slicer, cut them as thin as possible and line them in the tray ( It will soak ample olive oil from the tray, thus flavoring the cucumber itself)
- Once this is done, take the mini red jalapeno and cut it thinly. ( This would give the salad a mild spice hint, thus balancing out the dish)
- The final step for this minimalist version of a salad is to crush the roasted peanuts into a coarse mass and enjoy it together with a hint of rock salt ( If needed ) Refer to the picture for plating idea.