If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The only thing traditional about this panzanella is the bread. This recipe brings together rustic grill-toasted pops of bread with the bright tastes of grilled carrots, red onion and cherry tomatoes. With the addition of panfried chickpeas and a djion- cumin dressing this traditional recipe is turned upside down with the earthy flavors of brie sprinkled throughout each taste. The salad can be served warm or cold and in any season. For those of you without a grill(like me) this can be made on a grill pan or a traditional grill. —ckelly135
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 45 min
Cook time: 30 min
"Old Style" Dijon Mustard, Olive Oil, Ground Cumin, Red Wine Vinegar, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Ground Hot Red Pepper Spice (optional)
tablespoon Dijon Mustard
tablespoon Olive Oil
teaspoon Ground Cumin
teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
pinches Ground Hot Red Pepper Spice
- Combine all ingredients
- Whisk together until combined. Set Aside.
Boule of Bread, tri-colored carrots, cherry tomatoes, red onion, Chickpeas, Brie, Salad Greens, Salt, Pepper
Boule of Bread- Classic and Crusty in nature
pieces Tri-Colored Carrots (medium sized)
pieces Cherry Tomatoes
Medium Sized Red Onion
cup Chickpeas skinned
ounces Brie Cubed (mild-medium)
Salad greens to users preference
Salt to users preference
Pepper to users preference
- Cut whole boule in half. Set one half aside to enjoy later.
- With the remaining half of bread cut it into medium cubes.
- Lay cubed pieces of bread on baking tray
- Turn oven to low broil and cook bread until toasted or slightly burned at edges per preference (Watch carefully!) (This step can also be done on the grill)
- Let bread cool once crisped.
- Clean carrots- cut tops and peel outside. (If using traditional grill skip the next step and cut carrots post grilling)
- Cut carrots into approximately 1" bites. (for any larger carrots cut 1" bite length-wise to make it easier to eat)
- Cut Cherry Tomatoes in half.
- Dice red onion.
- Prepare grill pan with oil. (Grill may also be used, but do not dice carrots prior to grilling and utilize grill basket for remaining items)
- Cook carrots and tomatoes on grill pan- agitate minimally and flip once grill marks appear and vegetables soften slightly.
- Cook onions on grill pan (or in grill basket)-agitate minimally flip once browning occurs.
- Combine carrots and onions in a bowl and set aside. Set tomatoes in another bowl.
- Panfry chickpeas with 3 TBSP hot vegetable oil for approximately 5 minutes or until browned. Drain and add to carrot and onion mixture.
- Once carrots, chickpeas and onions are complete mix with above dijon-cumin dressing. Then add tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste. (heavier on the salt to bring out the flavors!
- Add crisped bread cubes and gently combine (they will soak up the flavors!)
- Cut brie into small cubes and gently combine to mixture.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilling Recipe