A fond memory I have of my late granny was eating lemony poached pears with generous dollop of ice cream. I decided to develop a recipe dedicated to the feeling I used to get while eating that.
A fond memory I have of my late granny was eating lemony poached pears with generous dollop of ice cream. I decided to develop a recipe dedicated to the feeling I used to get while eating that.—Chiara Turilli
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
For the grilled pears,
Forelle Pears, halved
cup Brown Sugar
teaspoons Mascavado Sugar
tablespoons Vanilla Vodka
cup Almond Butter
cup Maple Syrup
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- For the grilled pears, add the apple halves, water and brown sugar to a sauce pan.
- Lightly poach the pears for 5 minutes, until the edges are slightly soft.
- Drain the pears in a sieve making sure to get rid of all the water.
- Add the butter, sugar to a heavy based grill pan.
- Place the pears cut side down on the grilled and pour over the vodka.
- Flambé the pears for 2 minutes before removing from the pan.
- For the oat crumble, mix the oats, maple syrup and vanilla until the oat flakes are coated.
- Place oat mixture on a lined baking tray and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes, until toasty.
- For the lemon scented mascarpone, fold the lemon zest into the mascarpone.
- To serve, dollop a generous spoonful of mascarpone and smear it onto a plate. Top with two pear halves and sprinkle with oat crumble and drizzle a little maple syrup for good measure.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilling Recipe