If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fond memory I have of my late granny was eating lemony poached pears with generous dollop of ice cream. I decided to develop a recipe dedicated to the feeling I used to get while eating that. —Chiara Turilli
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
For the grilled pears,
Forelle Pears, halved
cup Brown Sugar
teaspoons Mascavado Sugar
tablespoons Vanilla Vodka
cup Almond Butter
cup Maple Syrup
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- For the grilled pears, add the apple halves, water and brown sugar to a sauce pan.
- Lightly poach the pears for 5 minutes, until the edges are slightly soft.
- Drain the pears in a sieve making sure to get rid of all the water.
- Add the butter, sugar to a heavy based grill pan.
- Place the pears cut side down on the grilled and pour over the vodka.
- Flambé the pears for 2 minutes before removing from the pan.
- For the oat crumble, mix the oats, maple syrup and vanilla until the oat flakes are coated.
- Place oat mixture on a lined baking tray and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes, until toasty.
- For the lemon scented mascarpone, fold the lemon zest into the mascarpone.
- To serve, dollop a generous spoonful of mascarpone and smear it onto a plate. Top with two pear halves and sprinkle with oat crumble and drizzle a little maple syrup for good measure.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilling Recipe