Author Notes: Salty halloumi and sweet juicy peaches with a basil jalapeno sauce are a wonderful combination of flavors. Serve with some crusty bread and wine for an easy summer dinner. —Cooks and Kid
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 7 min
cup basil leaves, torn
small jalapeno, de-seeded and roughly chopped
cup olive oil, plus additional for grilling
semi-ripe peaches, sliced in half, pit removed
ounces halloumi, cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- Place basil, jalapeno, ¼ cup of olive oil, water, and salt in a food processor and puree until smooth. Scraping down the container as needed. Place the sauce aside.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Brush the peaches (cut side) with olive oil. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side, or until caramelized with grill marks and softened. Once cool enough to handle, slice each half into wedges. Arrange the peach wedges on a platter, or individual plates.
- Brush both sized of the halloumi with olive oil. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the cheese starts to soften (just before it melts) and develops grill marks.
- Place the grilled halloumi slices on the platter or plates with the peaches. Spoon the basil jalapeno sauce on top of the peaches and halloumi. Serve immediately with grilled bread and wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilling Recipe