A healthy spin on classic shrimp fried rice, full of vegetables and color!
A healthy spin on classic shrimp fried rice, full of vegetables and color!—Through The Kitchen
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
pound shrimp (I use Trader Joe's Frozen Wild Caught Argentinian Shrimp, dethawed)
ounces riced cauliflower (I use Whole Foods 365 frozen organic riced cauliflower, thawed)
cup sweet yellow corn (I used Whole Foods 365 frozen organic sweet corn, thawed)
cup peas (I used Whole Foods 365 frozen organic peas, thawed)
cup shelled edamame (I used Whole Foods 365 frozen organic shelled edamame, thawed)
red bell pepper
handful oyster mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice)
tablespoons Mykonos vegan butter
tablespoons soy sauce (can sub coconut aminos or tamari if trying to avoid soy or you are gluten free)
tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- Chop red pepper and oyster mushrooms into bite sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, sauté the shrimp with a tablespoon of olive oil until cooked through. Note: omit shrimp for a vegan meal.
- In a large pot, add all the vegetables and cook on low-medium heat on the stove. Once warm, add cauliflower rice and butter. Stir until the butter melts all over the rice and veggies.
- Add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (less/more depending on your preference) and stir. Cook for 5- 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Once shrimp are cooked, add one tablespoon of soy sauce to the pan and toss the shrimp.
- Add salt and pepper if needed to the veggies and rice, and divide among 3-4 bowls. Top each bowl with desired amount of shrimp, and voila!