Author Notes: If you happen to have some stale bread and have no clue what to do with them, why not make this delicious french toast? I bet these fluffy slices of bread will brighten your day easily!
What I love about french toast is that it takes less than half an hour to make! That way I can have it for breakfast, or on a weekend brunch, or even as a dessert!
For more chicken recipes, please visit:
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/healthykitchen101/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/healthykitchen101/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/healthykitchen101/
—Luna - Healthy Kitchen 101
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground nutmeg
teaspoon vanilla extract
pieces challah, brioche, or white bread
cup maple syrup, warmed
- Melt butter over medium heat, set aside.
- Combine all cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and the melted butter in a bowl or pie plate. Whisk well to have an egg-milk dipping mixture.
- Dunk each bread slice in the mixture. And remember it's dunk, not soak. Make it just as absorbent as needed, no more, no less.
- Fry the slices until golden brown, flip both sides for each.
- Serve with strawberry syrup and/or fresh strawberry.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Umami-Centric Recipe