If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very versatile dish that can be savored either as a meal or as a side dish. I created it when I was craving something healthy and savory but was too lazy to go to the store and only had a few things on hand (luckily it turned out pretty darn good).
P.S. I really like spices so I use a little more than this recipe calls for, so make sure to taste throughout and spice it up to your liking! —Kara
Makes: 5 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
bunch Purple Kale (keep the stems!)
cups Shiitake Mushrooms
Cloves of Garlic, chopped
Red Skinned Potatoes
teaspoon Garlic Powder
teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
teaspoon Onion Powder
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Quinoa, cooked with bone broth or veggie broth
dash Red Wine Vinegar
tablespoons Grapeseed or Sesame Oil
cup Chicken Bone Broth (or veggie broth)
- Heat oil in a medium-large sized saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Chop garlic, jalepeño, kale stems, and red skinned potatoes and add to saucepan. Add in spices and water.
- Cover for 5-8 minutes, allowing the veggies to soften a little. During this time, cook quinoa as it says on the box.
- Add in your chopped kale leaves and mushrooms and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Once both are finished cooking, add a small scoop of quinoa to a bowl and top it with the veggie mixture and a dash or two of red wine vinegar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Umami-Centric Recipe