A Netflix episode of Chef's Table inspires this dish!
A Netflix episode of Chef's Table inspires this dish!—Lakshmi Sundar
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 min
packets 4 ounces each of Shiitake mushrooms
tablespoons Soy sauce
tablespoons Dark sesame oil
Inch square of ginger
Only if needed
In This Recipe
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and cut two slits crosswise across the caps (see picture). Gently wash and dry the mushrooms.
- Heat the sesame oil and when it is warm, add the ginger and fry for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and toss gently in the oil taking care that the mushrooms don’t break.
- Add the soy sauce and toss the mushrooms gently again, coating with the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Add salt only if needed.
- Cook for two-three minutes and turn off the stove.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.