Author Notes: All the ingredients are the same (almost) as those in apple pie. Why not a jam that can be used as a topping on toast, muffins and pancakes to name a few places? —dymnyno
Makes: 8 pints
Prep time: 1 hrs
Cook time: 1 hrs
cups apples, peeled, cored and chopped
cups apple juice
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoons ground cinnamon
teaspoons ground ginger
teaspoon ground nutmeg
teaspoon ground cloves
cup golden raisins, chopped
boxes pectin (6 ounces liquid pectin)
- Peel, core and chop the apples
- Put the apples and the apple juice plus all the lemon juice and spices in a large pot and pour the pectin over it and stir together.
- Put the raisins in the rum and set aside to plump up.
- Bring the apples to a rolling boil and keep stirring.
- Add the raisins (discard the rum) and sugar and keep stirring. Bring back to a rolling boil for a few minutes, and remove from the flame.
- Ladle into pint jars and process.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe With Apples