This recipe is hands-off and easy--plus, with no added sugar, its about as healthy as any whole apple.
This recipe is hands-off and easy--plus, with no added sugar, its about as healthy as any whole apple.—alex markel
Makes: 4 small mason jars
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 8 hrs
tablespoon ground cinnamon
teaspoons ground allspice
teaspoons ground nutmeg
teaspoon ground cloves
- Core and chop apples into 4-6 pieces (no need to remove the skin)
- Add apples, spices, and water to crockpot
- Cook on "low" till soft (at least 4 hours). This is very forgiving.
- Blend all ingredients till pureed.
- Add back to crockpot and cook till reduced to desired consistency.
- Let cool and jar. Extra can be frozen to extend shelf life.
- Add to ANYTHING--frozen daquiris, turkey sandwiches, rugelach, cakes, pancakes, baked goods, marinades, or anything else you can dream up.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe With Apples