Author Notes: Apple fried rice - apple flavored fried rice. This type of fried rice packs the goodness of nuts as well as apples. So it is not just yummy, it is good for health too. This dish is liked most by the kids. Basically fried rice is a rice dish served in most Chinese banquets as a part of main course meal. In order to make, precooked rice is stir fried along with sauces, some vegetables or non-vegetables (meat,egg). By the times it has become more popular across the world and most chosen restaurant served foods. Also a lot of fusion varieties are seen like Indo-Chinese cuisines, American-Chinese cuisines. Here I have used fresh and deliciously tasty apple for making this fried rice. Apple fried rice has a mild sweet flavor along with aroma of ginger. It can be served as it is without any side dish. —Sasmita
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
cups Basmati rice
cup Capsicum (2 inch sliced thinly)
teaspoon Pepper powder
- Soak rice for 25-30 minutes first and then cook the rice with water.
- Once the rice is cooked, spread it on a plate and allow to cool down completely.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the cashews, raisins and fry them till golden.
- Take out from oil and set aside.
- To the same pan, add shredded ginger ans saute till a nice aroma come out.
- Within 1-2 minutes, the apples'll release a nice aroma. Do not over fry the apples.
- Finally switch of the flame. Serve and enjoy the apple fried rice with sweet apple bites !