Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a dish I had at the Bazzar. There the sprouts were shaved and sauteed, rather than roasted. What really makes this recipe stand apart are the sweet bursts of grape and the chewy bite of the apricots. The flavors sound strange, but are a great melange for winter. —slulibby
pound green, seedless grapes
pounds brussel sprouts, stems and outer leaves removed and halved
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon lemon juice
tablespoons lemon zet
cup dried apricots-diced
- Heat oven to 350 F and place the grapes, sprouts, oil and salt in a zip top bag. Shake to coat. (do 2 batches, it necessary-depending on bag size)
- Pour the contense of the bag onto a rimmed baking sheet, and place on the oven's center rack to roast for about 25 minutes. Shake tray ocassionally to ensure even color.
- Meanwhile, a skillet, melt the butter, and add lemon juice, zest and apricots. Allow to simmer.
- Pull sheet from oven, and spoon sauce over sprouts. Rotate sheet and replace in the oven, allowing to roast for an additional 25 minutes .
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side