Author Notes: Learn how to perfectly caramelize Roasted Garlic! Use as a spread, in entrées, on an appetizer, the possibilities are endless! Storage Tips too! —apinchofpractical
Makes: 1 roasted garlic bulb
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hrs 5 min
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Peel as much of the papery skin off the garlic without loosening the garlic cloves from the base of the bulb.
- Cut off as little of the top of garlic that you can while exposing the tops of all the cloves.
- Get a piece of aluminum foil out that is large enough to cover the whole piece of garlic and set the bulb in center.
- Drizzle the garlic top in olive oil until it is completely covered and seeping down the inside. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic up tight but do not rip the foil while doing so or else the oil will seep out while cooking.
- Place in oven on a baking sheet or baking stone and let roast until it is golden and has slight caramelization around it, about an hour depending on the size of the garlic bulb .
- Let cool and then slip the cloves out by squeezing the ends.
- Use immediately, store in olive oil in fridge for no more than four days, or freeze and use as needed.