This mochi cake is lightly sweetened with a touch of honey and topped with toasted sesame seeds making this the perfect, chewy, and gooey dessert! Oh! And its gluten free!
This mochi cake is lightly sweetened with a touch of honey and topped with toasted sesame seeds making this the perfect, chewy, and gooey dessert! Oh! And its gluten free!—Three Hungry Bellies
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
tablespoons confectioners sugar
cups sweet rice flour
cup whole milk
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners sugar, rice flour, milk, honey, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Don't worry about over mixing because the batter because it doesn't contain any gluten! .
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, take out the dish and sprinkle on the sesame seeds. Throw the dish back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
- It should be bounce back when pressed. Eat it while it's warm or at room temperature. Cynthia & I agree that having a warm piece of mochi is the best thing