Healthy and easy Broccolini Noodle Salad with avocado, snow peas, and soft-boiled jammy eggs, tossed in a creamy and tart Asian ginger mustard dressing. —ChihYu Smith
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
- Serves 4 people
- Broccolini & Noodles:
whole ripe avocados
crispy bacon (optional)
rice noodles, boiled
broccolini or broccoli
sugar snap peas or snow peas
whole soft-boiled eggs
- Asian Creamy Ginger Mustard Dressing:
grated ginger root
extra virgin olive oil
In This Recipe
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Make ginger salad dressing. Set aside in one bowl. Slice avocados and chop scallions. Crisp up the bacon, if using, and boil the noodles, following the package instructions.
- Broccolini: Remove and discard the bottom third of the broccolini stems. Make another cut to separate the florets from the stems. For thicker stems, halve them in half lengthwise. Separate the stems from the florets. Rinse and set aside to drain.
- Peas: Pinch the tip of each sugar snap pea and pull out the tough string that runs along its side. Rinse and set aside to drain.
- Soft-Boiled Jammy Eggs: Once the water comes to boil, lower the heat to medium-low. Carefully add the eggs into hot simmering water. Cook uncovered for about 6.5 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to gently push around the eggs every few minutes to insure even cooking. Soak the eggs in cold water to stop cooking.
- Blanch: Depends on the thickness of the broccolini stems, hot water blanch them for about 2 minutes, broccolini florets for 1-1.5 minutes, and sugar snap peas for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Soak them in cold water to stop cooking then set aside to drain. They should still be crisp and tender.
- Serve: In a large salad serving bowl, combine all the ingredients and drizzle with ginger salad dressing. Toss well. Serve in room temperature or slightly chilled.