Author Notes: This was inspired by a small plate that I ate at June Brooklyn a few years ago -- I enjoyed the combination and flavor profile so much, that I wanted to re-create it and turn it into a meal. —Sarah
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
cups Baby Kale
fresh brown figs
cup parsley leaves
cup marcona almonds
cup Parmesan cheese
tablespoons Olive Oil
tablespoons Yuzu Rice Vinegar (or any citrus infused-vinegar)
Salt and Pepper
- Wash the baby kale, place in the bottom of salad bowl.
- Slice 2 fennel bulbs into thin crescents, place in bowl on top of baby kale.
- Quarter 8 fresh brown figs vertically, place in bowl on top of fennel.
- Roughly chop 1/4 cup parsley leaves and 1/3 cup marcona almonds, sprinkle on top of kale, fennel, figs.
- Shave 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, sprinkle on top.
- Drizzle with 2 TBS of olive oil and 2 TBS of yuzu rice vinegar (or any citrus-infused vinegar), the juice of 1/2 of 1 lemon, and salt and pepper to taste and toss!