Author Notes: This is an Austrian family recipe that my grand mother would make for us during the holiday - occasionally we would also have it for dinner too!! —Culinista Annouchka
teaspoon lemon juice
Confectioners sugar to serve
- Blend the milk and flour and stir until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, lemon, salt & 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Whisk until combined.
- Beat the egg white then just before cooking fold them into the batter and add the raisins last.
- In a large cooking pan on medium heat, add the remaining butter and pour the batter so that it is about 1 inch thick. Cook on medium heat until the pancake is a light golden color and slightly puffed up. Then flip it on the other side and continue to cook for another 30 seconds. Tear the pancake up with a fork into little bits while still in the pan and serve with a dusting of confectioners sugar & whipped cream and homemade applesauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast