Author Notes: My family recently moved from northern New Jersey to my childhood home in Pennsylvania. After my friends, it's the food I miss the most. You just can't get a good bagel (not to mention many/most other prepared foods) in my new town. Ask any Manhattanite (or NJ suburbanite) where to get the best bagel and prepare yourself for a diatribe about why their favorite bagel maker is the *only* place to go. Disagree, and be warned that you may be risking your life. —katylua
ounces cream cheese
cup heavy cream
teaspoon fresh lemon juice
scallion, thinly sliced
ounces smoked salmon, chopped into 1/4" cubes
tablespoon capers, chopped
ounces caviar (red)
- Mix cream cheese and cream until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, Tabasco, scallion and capers. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the salmon and caviar.
- Serve with fresh-from-the-baker bagels. (Also good as an appetizer spread for crackers, melba toasts, french bread rounds, etc.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast