Spring has sprung in this dish where the weeds that many people mow down is the superstar of the plate. The pesto consists of dandelion greens, lemon juice, olive oil, and pistachios to make the perfect blend for the pasta. Topping the plate off with fresh baby mint leaves, thinly sliced radish, lemon zest, and pink peppercorns. —Kaitlin Gooding
package of pasta: seggiano
lemon (zest + juice)
extra virgin olive oil
asparagus salts (1 in pieces)
radish (thinly sliced)
In This Recipe
1. Boil the pasta as your directions are listed.
2. Add the garlic cloves to a pan with a dash of olive oil and roast them for 1-2 minutes or until they become nice and fragrant. Add the garlic to your blender or food processor.
3. Chop the asparagus and sautee in the same pan with a dash of olive oil and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat, continuously stirring. Set aside.
4. Zest the lemon and set aside for a topping at the end.
5. Juice the lemon into the same blender and add the rest of the olive oil, dandelion greens, pistachio, and pinch of salt. Blend until smooth.
6. In a bowl add the boiled pasta, asparagus, pesto, and mix well.
Begin to plate your pasta and add the lemon zest, mint, radish, and peppercorn to finish your dish!