Test Kitchen Notes
This post contains products independently chosen (and loved) by our editors and writers. As an Amazon Associate, Food52 earns an affiliate commission on qualifying purchases of the products we link to. —The Editors
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
baby new potatoes, quartered
freshly ground black pepper
skin-on salmon fillets, 1 1/2 inches thick (about 8 ounces each)
unsalted butter, melted
chopped fresh dill
chopped fresh parsley
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, olive oil, and ½ teaspoon each of the garlic salt and kosher salt. Arrange the potatoes on one end of a nonstick sheet pan or a sheet pan lined with foil.
- Roast until the potatoes are tender and golden on the bottom, about 15 minutes, turning them once with a spatula during cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the pepper, paprika, onion powder, and remaining ½ teaspoon each garlic salt and kosher salt.
- Cut two 1-inch-long, 1/4-inch-deep slits in the fleshy side of each fillet for the butter and seasonings to seep in. Place the salmon fillets on the empty side of the sheet pan, skin side down. Drizzle the melted butter over the salmon and potatoes. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the top. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze both halves over the entire sheet pan, capturing the seeds in your hand.
- Bake until the salmon flakes with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut the remaining lemon into 4 wedges. Sprinkle the salmon and potatoes with the dill and parsley and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 days.