Author Notes: This recipe came from my proud to be Irish grandma. She would serve these with anything from soup to a full dinner. They are light, buttery, and crumbly. Easy as can be to make. —ashleychasesdinner
cups all purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pasrty blender until mixture resembles course meal.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and egg, stir until blended. Add to flour mixture.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Use a rounded tablespoon and drop mixture 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Just until lightly browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner Rolls